My name is Del Child and I am a Wedding coordinator and floral designer with over 23 years experience. Having trained at Pencoed College in South Wales UK, I moved to the Cayman Islands in 1998, where the beautiful Caribbean Sea captured me. My passion is weddings and flowers!
I also love travel, cats, coffee, ice cream, and photography.
About getting married in Cayman
You will need :
1. Proof of identity: Passport, an original / certified copy of birth certificate or drivers license along with photo ID.
2. Destination Weddings: Cayman Islands International embarkation / disembarkation card (airlines), or cruise ship's boarding pass.
3. Two witnesses over the age of 18.
4. In Cayman, 18 is the minimum legal age with out parental consent or 16 with parental consent
5. If Applicable, Original or certified copies of divorce decree or death certificate. (A notarised translation if the document is not in English)
6. Marriage must take place between 6am and 8pm.
(For cruise shippers make sure you are on Cayman time not the ships time)
Cayman is made up of three islands, Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman,
The largest being Grand Cayman which is approximately 22 miles long and eight miles wide, with a population of approximately 55,000
We are located about 150 miles south of Cuba or 180 miles northwest of Jamaica.
The Cayman Islands is a British overseas territory with a British Governor appointed by the UK government.
The Capitol is George Town.
We are on Eastern standard time and we do not observe daylight savings time.
The National bird is the Cayman Parrot, the National tree is the Silver Thatch Palm and the National flower is the Wild Banana Orchid.
Main Industries is Tourism and Financial services.